Thursday 21 March 2013

Spring Break 2013



It's amazing how fast time goes by when you're on vacation. For my friends and I, it's been a long process leading up to this trip. What I would give to go back... Coming home is just so sad, having to face the real world again. This break was definitely a trip of a lifetime.

I was a little skeptical at first since we were staying with hundreds of other students at the resort. But it turned out to be a great opportunity to meet new people and wasn't that big of a mess. The best part of course, it's going off resort and actually experiencing Cuba for what it really is.











Souvenirs galore. That's how I would describe downtown Varadero. It's more or less what I expected from a tourist infested region. Extremely convenient to get handmade gifts for literally everyone you know, from jewelry to hammocks, you can find them all.
























































Aside from all the awkward tourist photos, our day in old Havana was the highlight of the week. It was beautiful to say the least. The mix of traditional architecture and modern art was such an inspiring environment. Not to mention the Malecón overlooking the harbour. Definitely a nice change from drinking by the beach on the daily.








Now that I'm home, all I have left are the memories and a fading tan. Hope you've all had an unforgettable break!

Cheers,
J

4 comments:

  1. Wow looks amazing!

    http://vasfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! Havana looks great, and the food looks delish! I was looking through your blog, I can't believe you're only in high school, I just love your style! I'm your newest follower, come check out my blog?

    Jen xx
    jentea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I found you on IFB. Cuba has great scenery! You should come visit Jamaica some time too :)

    ~S
    SING SIMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks like you had an amazing vacation :) These photos gets me longing for my own vacation i planned for this year...

    ReplyDelete